Wanderlust strikes everyone, at one or the other point in Life. Some people take the step towards the world of exploration, others follow their journeys.
In short, people love traveling. They love to see new places, eat local food, and they love to pack their bags and leave on a journey, away from their mundane daily life.
The worst part about travel – the packing! People usually hate packing as they are usually confused on what they really need to carry, or sometimes they carry too much or two little, and many a times they miss out neccesities which they should have carried, and clearly didn’t.
So lets start from the basics
I love comfy, hard case travel bags. I feel the cloth ones swell up too much on one area and then there isn’t a comfortable balance.
Also I love to have some clever compartments to put away my smaller essentials, as this gives me the peace of not having to search all through my clothes for those tiny essentials.
Now lets run through my basic packing list:
Travel documents – Passports/Kids birth certificates/Airline tickets
Toiletries – I love to carry my own body wash/ body cream/ shampoo &conditioner. I also carry my own face cream cleanser and a revitalizing night cream.
Sundresses – So this part is perfect for beaches/ beach parties/ roadside strolls and even for beach to brunch kind of days. Sundresses can be short/ long/ backless/ transparent- basically anything that looks perfect in the sun. I love baby pinks/ yellows and of course pastels and neutrals.
Light and breezy tops (cotton and linen) for daytime – I love whites and pastels for this and also vintage multi-colored ones.
Long flowy dresses for formal dining occasions – I Carry at least one of those pretties, with a nice black or a nude color for interesting palazzo nights.
Sunglasses – Two kinds, a super cool day vibe sunglasses. I usually carry something in a blue or green tint for the glass. Another kind I love to carry is a very classic vintage sunglasses with a round frame for classy brunches. I love Versace and Chanel.
Beach hats – Nude and Brown! Enough said!
Bathing suits, sandals and beach bag
Portable phone charger
A Cardigan/Woolen shawl for the generally colder flight
Multi-charge adaptor for all devices
Some Lovin Tips from me –
1) Instead of folding my clothes, I love to roll ’em up! This is a better use of space and keeps your clothes smoother and easier to manage. Plus you can easily spot what you need to without having to rush through your layers of clothes.
2) Pack socks inside your shoes. This saves sooooo much space and keeps the shoes in perfect shape.
3) If you cannot live without your flat iron, pack it in between a small towel. I usually do that so I am able to pack away even if the iron is still hot.
4) I also love to carry all the basic medicines along with me, like a cold & flu tablet, something for headaches, and also a nice soft eye covers, for a more blissful and relaxed hotel sleep.
5) I have some special fragrances that I love to preserve wherever I go, which include a night bed and pillow mist by Bath and Body Works, and a small candle or two by Tavola or bath and body works.
Happy Travel everyone! Stay tuned for my next radar on the World Map!